Saturday, July 21, 2012

Rose Hairstick


I noticed I never showed a picture of my favorite hairstick of all time. I picked this up from Fleur du Jour at the Renaissance Faire in May, and I intend to pick up another one next May if they come again. They don't have a website nor an Etsy shop, which is a shame. Now, I'm fully aware they are not the only ones that make dipped resin rose jewelries, but they are the only ones that make dipped resin rose hair sticks, and mama needs some hairsticks! 

I am aware that if I get desperate enough I can make my own, but that involves learning how to finish wood and make little wood dowels. Otherwise I'm pretty sure you just stick the wood sticks into the roses, secure with some resin/glue, then dip the roses in resin until you have enough coating on it to protect the roses, then glue on some fake leafs. Sounds easy enough but how do you make little wood sticks with finish? Sigh. I'm tempted to get some dowels from Michaels, sharpen the tip with a pencil sharpener, learn to finish the dowel, and see if I can make this hairstick thing happen. I love it so much but why can't I find the shop online? 


No comments:

Post a Comment